Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Is This World Illusion or Is It Real?

Recently I've posted several diatribes about the evil of mankind and mankind's predilection for murder, that it seems to be the preoccupation of all of us to one degree or another. I've also posted the belief that this world is maya, or illusion, that nothing and nobody is real.  The two seem to be opposite of each other, one or the other could be true but not both. If murder and evil matter then they're clearly not illusion, if the world is in fact illusion, imaginary, a figment of individual or world, imagination, then what does murder or evil, or anything else for that matter, mean?  They'd be imaginary too, right?  So which do I believe? Both I guess, I honestly believe what I've read and been taught, that everything here, world, people, everything is a figment of imagination, whether mine or a world mind is the only question. On the other hand,  like most everybody else, I'm tied to the physical too. The body of clay with all its needs, the things, the places, the sights, smells, tastes. So I guess I believe in both.
I was discussing this the other day with a friend, this is a guy that is tied to the physical, to the world, to whom it all being imaginary, is nearly inconceivable. He said to me, ok then go out and step in front of a bus, (I think it was), and you'll see how imaginary it is. Which when you think about it is a great point. Most people think just like my friend, they believe that everything around us is real. That it might be illusion is not only impossible, it's crazy. That to even consider it is insane. The point is, that whether or not I agree is beside the point, no humor intended, if most people consider the world real. If it is in fact so real, that those of us who are aware of, or at least suspect, its unreality, are unable to break free of the physical bonds. Then evil is important, as important and real as all of those who believe it. It's unfortunate...

Lee Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment