Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Lobsang Rampa - The Pineal Gland Is It The Third Eye?

Tuesday Lobsang Rampa
The first time I heard of the Pineal Gland was in a Dr. Tuesday Lobsang Rampa book called the Third Eye. This is a book written by a Tibetan monk who has, he says, transmuted from his dying Tibetan body to an Englishman who wants to leave this world, as I remember he phrases it more or less that way, rather than saying the guy is commiting suicide. At the time from what I read Dr. Rampa, in the body of Cyril Hoskins which was the name of the Englishman, took a lot of heat, as many people didn't believe him. Though many, including me did. I wrote to him years ago and he replied to me and sent a copy of one of his books. I kept them both and they were in my truck when stolen, I think.  As I remember he published the books for income to support his research into producing a goggle to allow the average person to see the human aura.
Back to the pineal gland, in his book Dr. Rampa told how he was accepted into the lamasary in Lhasa. After awhile he was started in training to be a Lama. Part of this was having his third eye opened. From here on I'll let Dr. Rampa tell the story, in an exerpt from his first book The Third Eye, of how his third eye was opened and his first reactions to it.


 Link to the Third Eye by T. Lobsang Rampa


With the death of the day the evening was born, and I went to

the little room where I was to stay. There came the murmur of soft
felt boots on the stone floor outside, and into the room came three
lamas of high degree. They put a herbal compress to my head and
bound it tightly in place. In the evening the three came again, and
one was the Lama Mingyar Dondup. Carefully the compress was
removed, and my forehead wiped clean and dry. A strong-looking
lama sat behind me and took my head between his knees. The
second lama opened a box and removed an instrument made of
shining steel. It resembled a bradawl except that instead of having
a round shaft, this one was “U”-shaped, and in place of a point
there were little teeth around the edge of the “U”. For some
moments the lama looked at the instrument, and then passed it
through the flame of a lamp to sterilize it. The Lama Mingyar
Dondup took my hands and said, “This is quite painful, Lobsang,
and it can only be done while you are fully conscious. It will not
take very long, so try to keep as still as you can.” I could see
various instruments laid out, and a collection of herbal lotions,
and I thought to myself: “Well, Lobsang, my boy, they will finish
you one way or the other and there is nothing you can do about
it—except keep quiet!”
The lama with the instrument looked round to the others, and
said: “All ready? Let us start now, the sun has just set.” He pressed
the instrument to the centre of my forehead and rotated the handle.
For a moment there was a sensation as if someone was pricking
me with thorns. To me it seemed that time stood still. There was
no particular pain as it penetrated the skin and flesh, but there
was a little jolt as the end hit the bone. He applied more pressure,
rocking the instrument slightly so that the little teeth would fret
through the frontal bone. The pain was not sharp at all, just a
pressure and a dull ache. I did not move with the Lama Mingyar
Dondup looking on; I would rather have died than make a move
or outcry. He had faith in me, as I in him, and I knew that what he
did or said was right. He was watching most closely, with a little
pucker of muscles in tension at the corners of his mouth. Suddenly
there was a little “scrunch” and the instrument penetrated the
bone. Instantly its motion was arrested by the very alert operator.
He held the handle of the instrument firmly while the Lama
Mingyar Dondup passed him a very hard, very clean sliver of
wood which had been treated by fire and herbs to make it as hard
as steel. This sliver was inserted in the “U” of the instrument and
slid down so that it just entered the hole in my head. The lama
operating moved slightly to one side so that the Lama Mingyar
Dondup could also stand in front of me. Then, at a nod from the
latter, the operator, with infinite caution, slid the sliver farther and
farther. Suddenly I felt a stinging, tickling sensation apparently
in the bridge of my nose. It subsided, and I became aware of
subtle scents which I could not identify. That, too, passed away
and was replaced by a feeling as if I was pushing, or being pushed,
against a resilient veil. Suddenly there was a blinding flash, and at
that instant the Lama Mingyar Dondup said “Stop” For a
moment the pain was intense, like a searing white flame. It
diminished, died and was replace by spirals of colour, and globules
of incandescent smoke. The metal instrument was carefully
removed. The sliver of wood remained, it would stay in place for
two or three weeks and until it was removed I would have to stay
in this little room almost in darkness. No one would see me except
these three lamas, who would continue my instruction day by day.
Until the sliver was removed I would have only the barest neces-
sities to eat and drink. As the projecting sliver was being bound in
place so that it could not move, the Lama Mingyar Dondup
turned to me and said: “You are now one of us, Lobsang. For the
rest of your life you will see people as they are and not as they
pretend to be.” It was a very strange experience to see these men
apparently enveloped in golden flame. Not until later did I realize
that their auras were golden because of the pure life they led, and
that most people would look very different indeed.
As my new-found sense developed under the skilful ministra-
tions of the lamas I was able to observe that there were other
emanations extending beyond the innermost aura. In time I was
able to determine the state of a person's health by the colour and
intensity of the aura. I was also able to know when they were
speaking the truth, or otherwise, by the way the colours fluctuated.
But it was not only the human body which was the subject of my
clairvoyance. I was given a crystal, which I still have, and in its use
I had much practice. There is nothing at all magical in
crystals. They are merely instruments. Just as a microscope, or
telescope, can bring normally invisible objects into view by using
natural laws, so can a gazing-crystal. It merely serves as a focus
for the Third Eye, with which one can penetrate any person's
subconscious and retain the memory of facts gleaned. The crystal
must be suited to the individual user. Some persons work best
with a rock crystal, others prefer a ball of glass. Yet others use a
bowl of water or a pure black disc. No matter what they use, the
principals involved are the same.
For the first week the room was kept in almost complete darkness.
The following week just a glimmer of light was admitted, the
amount increasing as the end of the week drew close. On the
seventeenth day the room was in full light, and the three lamas
came together to remove the sliver. It was very simple. The night
before my forehead had been painted with a herbal lotion. In the
morning the lamas came and, as before, one took my head between
his knees. The operator took hold of the projecting end of the
wood with an instrument. There was a sudden sharp jerk—and
that is all there was to it. The sliver was out. The Lama Mingyar
Dondup put a pad of herbs over the very small spot left, and
showed me the sliver of wood. It had turned as black as ebony
while in my head. The operator lama turned to a little brazier and
placed the wood upon it together with some incense of various
kinds. As the combined smoke wafted to the ceiling, so was the
first stage of my initiation completed. That night I fell asleep with
my head in a whirl; what would Tzu look like now that I saw
differently? Father, mother, how would they appear? But there
was no answer to such questions yet.
In the morning the lamas came again and examined me care-
fully. They said that I could now go out with the others, but told
me that half my time would be spent with the Lama Mingyar
Dondup, who would teach me by intensive methods. The other
half of my time would be spent attending classes and services, not
so much for the educational side, but to give me a balanced outlook
by mixing. A little later I would be taught by hypnotic methods as
well. For the moment I was mainly interested in food. For the past
eighteen days I had been kept on a very small allowance, now I
intended to make up for it. Out of the door I hurried, intent only
on that thought. Approaching me was a figure smothered in blue
smoke, shot through with flecks of angry red. I uttered a squeak
of alarm and dashed back into the room. The others looked up at
my horrified expression. “There's a man on fire in the corridor,” I
said. The Lama Mingyar Dondup hurried out and came back
smiling. “Lobsang, that is a cleaner in a temper. His aura is smoky-
blue as he is not evolved, and the flecks of red are the temper
impulses showing. Now you can again go in search of that food
you want so much.”
It was fascinating meeting the boys I knew so well, yet had not
known at all. Now I could look at them and get the impression of
their true thoughts, the genuine liking for me, the jealousy from
some, and the indifference from others. It was not just a matter of
seeing colours and knowing all; I had to be trained to understand
what those colours meant. My Guide and I sat in a secluded alcove
where we could watch those who entered the main gates. The
Lama Mingyar Dondup would say: “The one coming, Lobsang,
do you see that thread of colour vibrating above his heart? That
shade and vibration indicates that he has a pulmonary disease”,
or, perhaps at an approaching trader: “Look at this one, look at
those shifting bands, those intermittent flecks. Our Brother of
Business is thinking that he may be able to delude the stupid
monks, Lobsang, he is remembering that he did so once before.
To what petty meanness’s men will stoop for money !” As an aged
monk approached, the Lama said: “Watch this one carefully,
Lobsang. Here is a truly holy man, but one who believes in the
literal word-for-word accuracy of our Scriptures. You observe
those discolorations in the yellow of the nimbus? It indicates that
he has not yet evolved far enough to reason for himself.” So it
went on, day after day. Particularly with the sick we used the power
of the Third Eye, for those who were sick in the flesh or sick in the
spirit. One evening the Lama said: “Later we shall show you how
to shut the Third Eye at will, for you will not want to watch
people's failings all the time, it would be an intolerable burden.
For the moment use it all the time, as you do your physical eyes.
Then we will train you to shut it and open it at will as you can the
other eyes.”
Many years ago, according to our legends, all men and women
could use the Third Eye. In those days the gods walked upon the
earth and mixed with men, Mankind had visions of replacing the
gods and tried to kill them, forgetting that what Man could see the
gods could see better. As a punishment, the Third Eye of Man was
closed. Throughout the ages a few people have been born with the
ability to see clairvoyantly; those who have it naturally can have
its power increased a thousand fold by appropriate treatment, as I
had. As a special talent it had to be treated with care and respect.
The Lord Abbot sent for me one day and said: “My son, you now
have this ability, an ability denied to most. Use it only for good,
never for self gain. As you wander in other countries you will meet
those who would have you behave as a conjurer in a fair. “Prove
us this, prove us that', they will say. But I say, my son, that this
must not be. The talent is to enable you to help others, not to
enrich self. Whatever you see by clairvoyance—and you will see
much!—do not disclose it if it will harm others or affect their
Path through Life. For Man must choose his own Path, my son,
tell him what you will, he will still go his own way. Help in sickness,
in suffering, yes, but do not say that which may alter a man's
Path.”

No comments:

Post a Comment