Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Do Tibetan Prayer Wheels Work?

Om Mani Padme Hum
I'm not really sure as I'm not Tibetan, and several knowledgeable people who are from that part of the world say they're nonsense and superstition. But then again, I say maybe they do work, and if they do every little bit helps. They've been around for centuries, millions of people have used them, all types, handheld, wind and water powered, huge that you turn as you walk past. They're in peoples hands, in homes, temples, on path's, basically everywhere there's people. at least they were, before Tibet was invaded, now maybe not so much.
I was researching on line, thinking I'd buy a wind powered prayer wheel, hey it can't hurt, and might help. I can use all the help I can get. But came across something maybe better.
Everybody's got a computer, and several sites are talking about digital prayer wheels. Here's a Link  Hard drives are turning all the time, the theory is that you write Om Mani Padme Hum, one or more times in a document on your computer and the hard drive becomes an electronic digital prayer wheel. Did I do it? Yes, if you look at the top of this blog you'll find it, that's one, also the name of the file, that's two, and today I took some time and did an Excell spreadsheet in which I wrote Om Mani Padme Hum in the cells A-Z (26 times) and 10,013 lines deep which totals 260,338 times rotating on the hard drive.
Maybe it's nonsense and superstion, or maybe it works. I'm believing they wouldn't have been around so long and believed in by millions of people if they didn't, but if I'm wrong, all I've done is use a couple of mb's on a drive, I don't think I'm wrong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment