Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Latest Update on Mini-Stroke??? Ear Infection???

Well, today I went under the knife, so to speak. Not really under the knife, but in surgury and knocked out as I had a cerebrial angiogram.
My sisters drove me there as I'd been told I needed a ride home after the test. I arrived at University Hospital in Syracuse and checked in. I was about a half hour late as I went to the wrong hospital. Everybody was very nice. The doctor was Dr. Eric Deshaies.  Yes, I was nervous, and not looking forward to it at all. Got ready, answered questions and they inserted an IV then was wheeled on a gurney to the operating room. Everybody was very nice, and very professional. They hooked me up to wires and tubes, and started the anasthetic.
Dr. Deshaies came in said hi, and asked if I was ready. They left me laying there waiting for the anasthetic to kick in, he came over to the table and said I was going to feel a bee sting, I felt the needle as they gave me the local, and I said it felt more like a hornet sting, that got a laugh. They started doing whatever they were doing. I swear I was awake the whole time, but they told me when it was over and they were unhooking me that I'd been snoring. 
Dr. Deshaies showed me the pictures and told me that everything looked pretty good except one artery in the back had some narrowing, that he was going to examine closely and do some measurements, and would let me know if it needed work.
I was wheeled back to where I started, rested awhile, got dressed and was given a ride outside where my sister was parked and went home. I have to say it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be.
Since getting home all I've done is sleep but they told me to expect that, that it'd take a day or so to get the anesthetic out of my system. I hope it turns out that the narrowing isn't so bad I need to go back, but if I do I feel confident that they'll do a great job then too.

Lee Murray

By the way the angiogram on the right is not me, it's just for illustration.

Write Up On Dr Deshaies

1 comment:

  1. Excellent reporting!Hopefully this will be all, and you want have to go back for this issue.

    Actually it's amazing you're blogging right away after the procedure, pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete