Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just Sent An Email To the Dalai Lama

I came across a quote of his on the Theosophical website. And I emailed him to ask a question. I'm not saying what I asked because I said in the email that with his permission I'd put both my question and his answer on my blog, and he hasn't given permission as he probably hasn't read the email yet, let alone answered it.
But I will say that in thinking about it, it makes me doubt my own committment. I like to say that over the years I've evolved from whatever I was to a more enlightened person. I say that I was raised as an Episcopalian who really never thought about religeon, to look into witchcraft and hang out with witches (it was So Calif in the 60's), to a Buddhist, (and a Rosicrutian for awhile), who began to wonder if there was more and look for answers, then thanks to a girl I dated in the late 70's a born again, and destroyed everything Buddhist that I had. After a while I saw that I'd sidetracked myself, but took the things of value, there were some, and combined them with the things of value I'd learned from witchcraft, Rosicrutianism and especially Buddhism, and that's where I am now.
What makes me doubt myself is that I still see the fact that humans are no better today than they ever were and if the world were about to be destroyed I'd find it difficult to care, and that tells me that I am no better. No better than the kid that never thought about religeon, and apparently I never learned anything in all the years of studying. Yes, I know a lot, I understand the philosophy, I understand that there were people and civilizations before us, I do believe in God, and that Jesus was his/her/its son as we all are, I believe that there is the chance to evolve or grow, or raise your vibrations, I believe in higher levels of existence, and more. I don't however believe that most people care, and that's my fault. I should see the good in people and instead I see the greed, the hate, the disinterest, the I just care about me, and more to the point I see the same things in me... 
I see hope in two things, one it's all a dream, an illusion, and two I'll do it over until I get it right, unless, and it's a slim chance, I'm wrong and I am getting it right.

Lee Murray

1 comment:

  1. What you need my friend is some quality time spent by yourself hiking in wilderness, of which there is plenty in your neck of the woods.

    Today I picked up a hitch hiker on the freeway, gas can in hand, who ran out on a very dangerous section. I never would have done that, except for the hikes I have done recently where I hiked down in 100 + heat and had to depend on the kindness of strangers to make it the 4 miles or so uphill to my car.

    I trusted them and in my luck, and it's worked out so far. And by doing this, it allowed me to see the best of man in these strangers helping me and me helping them.

    While this may same unrelated to your post directly, I feel it is right on for the spiritual side you may feel estranged from.

    ReplyDelete