Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Out of the Closet at Last - I'm a Libertarian and Proud Of It

For years I was registered as a Republican, and lately as an Independent. For the same years I've said I was a conservative with Libertarian tendencies. The truth is that I was a Libertarian but didn't want to waste my vote. I voted for Nixon, Carter, Reagan, I did vote for Ross Perot and was a member of his Political Party, but when push came to shove I voted for Clinton the second time so as not to waste my vote. Then Bush, disagreed with just about everything, considered him a war criminal and scoundrel at best, but voted for him to avoid wasting my vote. This time I'd decided to not vote at all, then a friend convinced me to vote Republican hopefully to keep Obama out. Well we all know how that worked out, and he was elected and is busily tearing this country apart, moving us closer and closer to a communist state, a broke and destitute, bankrupt communist state, every day.
Well I was mouthing off to another friend. He was implying that I was really a Republican responsible for  the mess the country is in, of course the Democrats had nothing to do with it, right? I said that yes I voted Republican sometimes, but also voted Democrat other times, but in my heart was a Libertarian and given a choice would follow that and if they had a chance would vote them into office. That they would return to the original ideas of the founders, reduce the size of the government and maybe get us back on track.
My friend asked why I didn't vote Libertarian and I said basically I didn't want to waste my vote, that they didn't stand a chance in hell and while it's great in theory not so much in the real world. Well my friend said that if everybody that is really Libertarian would come out of the closet, not worry about wasting their vote, and vote for Libertarian cantidates then maybe that would change and they'd be elected and be able to make the changes we'd all like to see. He said well then why not stand up like a man and vote for who I think is the best choice and to hell with if it's a wasted vote. The more I thought about it he was right. So, today I voted a straight Libertarian ticket. I probably won't again if there's another party cantidate that's a better choice, but today I did it to set myself free, and of course because there wasn't anyone else running that was worth a damn anyway. So maybe I haven't gotten out of the closet all the way yet, but it's a baby step.

Lee Murray

1 comment:

  1. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

    Somehow that quote is very appropriate for this comment.

    Congratulations and I plan to look elsewhere from my dumbocratic party next election as well.

    ReplyDelete