Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Experience Job Hunting

Since the scooter business has slowed down, I decided to look for another job, part-time or full time, with benefits, which became important after my mini-stroke, or whatever the hell it was.  Last Saturday I drove to Liverpool to interview at a call center for a phone sales job.I got there at 6pm and noticed a bunch of the workers, and the supervisor (I found out later), standing outside, smoking. Going inside I looked around, then filled out the app, and looked around some more as I waited. I noticed the "salespeople" all seemed to be right out of high school, judging by their looks, and style of dress, so I'm guessing probably in their 20's, or so. Almost none of these phone salespeople were on the phone. I knew it was all incoming phone calls, selling stuff advertised on infomercials. that they made their money by talking on the phone. Instead they were standing around chatting, drinking coffee, or going outside to smoke. At my 2nd interview last Thursday, I mentioned this to the interviewer, and was told they're looking for more mature workers, for that reason. What's going on with young people? I know, I know, that question just catapulted me into old geezerhood. But really, when I was in my 20's, granted I didn't work more that I could get out of and didn't earn a lot, (got into sales for real in my 30's), but when I had a job I did it. I didn't goof off. When I did get into phone sales, I STAYED on the phone. We were required to make 150-200 calls a day, and that's what we had to do to make sales and get paid. We didn't have the luxery of nothing but incoming calls, which may be the problem at this call center, these "kids" don't really have to work, the people call them, and many if not most are ready to buy, or they wouldn't call. Maybe we were like that in our 20's and I just don't remember.

Lee Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment