Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Time Machine exists

sort of...  Not in the Jules Verne way with Rod Taylor sitting in a seat as he's wizzed into the past or future. But it does exist, and I'm willing to bet most who've seen it never realized it. I don't know what you think of if you think of time machine, but I think how great it would be to watch what actually happened at the sermon on the mount, or the building of the pyramids, or DaVinci as he paints the Cistine Chapel, or Van Gogh as he cuts off his ear, or the Wright brothers taking off, etc.  My other idea is load a jeep and machine gun and go back to the old west and show them how robbing a stagecoach or bank should be done, I know, not a good idea.
Anyway, I not too long ago realized in one sense we do have a time machine, it's old movies, or tv for that matter. I've always loved movies from the thirties, forties, and fifties. I at some point realized that if you watch the stuff going on around the fiction/story, you're watching the past, as it was 30-50-70 or more years ago. You'll see the cars, airplanes, trucks, and trains in context, in use, not static displays in museums. You'll see how people really dressed, hairstyles, talked, how they traveled, the stores that existed at the time, streets as they were, offices, stores, homes as they were, you'll see life as it was lived.  
Since I started watching this time machine, I've realized that we today are virtually no different if you take away the computers. With that exception, and the super casual dress of both men and women, there is little difference. 

Lee Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment