Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Haunted or Imagination??

In 1962 were living on a farm in Tyner, NY. The house burned down, leaving only a gaping hole where there was once a two story house. My father determined that he was a farmer, got another in South New Berlin, NY after a time of moving around living with various relatives. We moved there in June 1962. It was a big old farm house on the corner of Copes Corners Rd and Nelson Rd as I remember, near the gun club which bordered on our property.  I have no idea how old the house was or what had happened there. But my room, at the top of the stairs over the living room, had a large walkin closet. We lived there a bit over a year, and in all that time I was never able to make myself go into the closet at night, the closest I ever came was to lean in and grab. I have no idea why, I just had a creepy feeling. In the daytime no problem. Was it haunted or was it the imagination of a kid? I do know that according to real estate people I've spoken to the house was purchased by somebody that lived out of the area soon after we left moving to California in 1963 and was boarded up and hasn't been lived in since. It's still boarded up, I know because I always drive by when I'm in the area.
On the subject, are there ghosts? Yes, they're all around us. My father died in 1997, he'd had a colostemy and wore a bag, that smelled now and then, after his funeral my mother and sisters swore they smelled him here in the house. During the last few months when he was in the Vets Home down in Oxford, his fondest wish was to come home. I'm sure he made it and is waiting for my mother and perhaps the rest of us to join him.
There are now movies, tv shows and books dealing with the theory that after death many of us either don't realize or don't believe we're dead. I know, don't ask me how, that this is true. I've known my grandfather was watching out over me, my guardian angel so to speak, for as long as I can remember. He showed up once in a wegee board session, my first and last. A girlfriend, among other things, of many years who passed in 1998 after losing a 5 or 6 year fight with breast cancer is always here. It's not theory or guessing, I can feel her and hear her talking to me. Which I suppose isn't unusual between two people who saw each other or talked almost every day for twenty-five years or so. She once me told me that no matter how much I tried, even death wouldn't seperate us, I guess she was right...or is that my imagination?

Lee Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment