Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Suicide Attempts in TV and Movies a Bad Joke?

I've seen probably hundreds of attempted suicides in cop movies and tv shows over the years. One thing always stands out above everything in most. Picture the scene, the murderer, it's usually a murderer, is chased to the roof by the hero cop, or cops.  He, or she, runs to the edge and screeches to a halt, yelling don't come any closer or I'll jump. The cop, or cops, stand guns out, pointed at the murderer, ready to blow him, or her, away with the slightest whisper of an excuse. Yet at the same time, pleading with the murderer not to kill him or herself. It's not the way out, they say, give yourself up, live, blah, blah, blah.
Every time I see one of these scenes I wonder what idiot wrote it, and what reality it's supposed to represent.  If I were a murderer who had made it to the edge of a roof, would I choose to let myself be thrown down, handcuffed, dragged to jail, beaten, tried, and thrown in prison for several lifetimes or sent to death row to be executed? Or, would I laugh at the insincere lies as they tried to get me to submit to their system of justice, then step off the roof? 
I honestly don't know how this plays out in real life, never having been a cop or a murderer, but it seems to me that if I were a cop, I'd encourage the murderer to jump. Justice is still served, there's probably less paperwork, and there's no chance he, or she will get "back on the street" and do it again.
Just a thought....

Lee Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment