Awake

-Are you a God?
- they asked the Buddha.
- No.
- Are you an angel, then?
- No.
- A saint?
- No.
- Then what are you?
-
I am AWAKE.



Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure of
the universe"-Albert Einstein-


Om Mani Padme Hum

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 7 1-6


1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thinking About Destiny Again

Still thinking about the groundhog post the other day.
I'm constantly hearing and seeing in person, in the news, and in dramas the plantive cry that "he, she, it, went too soon." Of course our loved ones, friends and relatives would think it's too soon, no matter when we die.  Possibly the groundhog's friends and relatives are saying it went too soon, who knows?  But, it's a little shocking to see or hear "he or she went too soon," in the media, who, with few exceptions, never even heard of us, let alone met us.
What's the truth?  Is it even possible to die too soon?  I can understand that if a baby or young child dies, whatever the cause, the natural reaction is to blame ourselves, or somebody, there must be something wrong, their life had just begun after all, and they had years ahead, it's clearly too soon to lose them.  The truth is, and nobody, even me, wants to face it, that death could have happened to us at any time, from the moment of conception. Not birth, but conception is when the body is created and starts the trip to death. When the soul or spirit actually enters that body is another conversation, I think also at or soon after conception, but I could be wrong. I have heard of studies that proved children were capable of learning in the womb though.  Yes, I said children, speaking about the body growing in the womb, not fetus' or any of the other quasi-scientific names that make the murder committed by abortionists less abhorrent.
Anyway, to answer my question, I don't believe it's possible to die before your time. Your time to die may be after 100 years or 1 minute, but that's when you'll go, not one millionth of a second sooner.  Speaking from personal experience, so far, I've had several opportunities of being killed before my time, and have walked away without a scrape every time. I've said as long as I can remember that I'm not afraid of dying. It's still true, in theory.
I know we're all spirit, that goes without saying. I've said, also pretty much as long as I can remember, that for us to believe this body is who we are, ie for me to believe I'm Lee Murray and that's all, is about the same as you climbing into your car, and believing you're a Ford, or Chevy, etc.  These bodies of ours aren't real in any sense, other than that they're vehicles allowing us to exist in this level. Every level has a body, neccesary for survival in that plane, but they're all nothing more than just vehicles for the real you, the spirit. 
When I do die, I have a good idea of what happens, where I'll go, and that more than likely I'll be back, so it's not terrifying.  On the other hand, I learned recently when I had the stroke or whatever the hell it was that I'm in no rush to die. One thing that does scare me though is becoming crippled or blind. If it happens it's probably for a reason, pre-destined, and I'd deal with it, who knows I may even learn something, but avoiding that is one reason for seeing the Drs.
It's taught that each life we live is for a purpose, what it is few if any of us know, but we're always here to learn something, or to teach something. The first thought I had after saying that is, so serious, so what you're saying is we don't just come to hang out, kill some time? Sex, drugs, and Rock and Roll?  Or something similar... 
It sure seems like that's all some are here for. I suppose it's possible, maybe this world is like a time share for the astral, some of us come to serve, to fulfill a purpose, while others are on vacation, enjoying the flesh, experiencing the experience of living in this world. Anything's possible I guess, but it's not what I've been taught, and personally, while I've overall had a pretty good life, if I just came to hang out I'd like to kick the butt of the astral time share salesspirit that sold me on the idea.  It seems that lots of lives, lots of lives, are spent having and raising kids, that's it just raising kids, or so it seems. 
But the truth is, whether we spend our lives drunk, loaded, and banging anything with a heartbeat (or without), having and raising kids by the carload, working to the exclusion of anything else, winning the Pulitzer or Nobel prize, or whatever, the real reason we incarnated, the big picture, is a mystery to most, if not all, of us.
One premise that's taught is that prior to each life, we sit down with the others that are going to be with us during the life, to plan and discuss what's going to happen, birth to death. Nobody ever seems to know if it's a second by second pre-destination plan, or just a big picture with lots of room for free will type plan.  Then after death, arriving back in the astral, we sit down for a debriefing, or analysis of the life just finished. Again, nobody seems to know why.  Just to see if we passed?
Also another question, does each and every spirit, (parents, grandparents, relatives, friends, aquaintences, workmates, boyfriends, girlfriends, strangers you interact with, etc.), who's interacting with me in my life have their own plan? Are they all there just for me this time, and me for them next time? Instead are we all reincarnating together with a common goal or lesson to learn? How about the souls who're already here before our birth, older people grandfathers, grandmothers, parents?  If they're already here, living their lives, according to their destiny or plan, I can understand that my birth could be part of their plan, but when did they take part in my pre-birth meeting? It's taught that we leave our bodies and go to the astral, whenever we're unconcious or asleep, some can do it conciously. Perhaps that is when they did it?
Have you figured out yet that I'm as confused as anybody else about this?  I've studied and read about this for years and while it makes sense, at the same time it doesn't.
Another question I've brought up before, is why are our past lives in a linear time frame? At least so far as I know, they're starting in the past and moving closer to the present. If we are, in fact, spirits, coming here from a spirit plane, call it astral, or etheric, whatever, where time as we here know it doesn't exist, then why couldn't we incarnate in any time on this plane?  Time is after all a concept of this world, and probably a purely human concept at that. Cats, dogs, and cows may have a concept of time too, but I haven't asked any so I don't know.
That's enough for now I think...

Lee Murray

Whoops not the Astral plane...

No comments:

Post a Comment